Fairleigh Dickinson 5
Saint Louis 7
Sunday, March 5 | St. Louis, Mo. (Billiken Sports Center)
Saint Louis baseball completed the sweep of Fairleigh Dickinson with a 7-5 win on Sunday. The game was tied through five innings, but a five-run sixth propelled the Billikens to victory. Sean Frontzak (1-0) picked up the win in relief and Ryan Lefner earned his third save of the season. SLU rises to 10-1 overall this season.
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
B2 – Sniatynski homers to left field. King also scores.
B6 – Mahoney singles to left center. Reeser scores.
King doubles down left field line. Hanford and Leimkuehler score.
Sniatynski hits sacrifice fly to center. Mahoney scores.
Hernandez singles up the middle. King scores.
– Saint Louis baseball is off to a 10-1 start to the year, the best start for the Billikens since 1966. The ’66 team won the Missouri Valley Conference championship and advanced to the NCAA Districts. They finished the year 27-6.
– Nick Reeser led the Billiken offense with three hits in four at bats.
– Alex King also turned in a multi-hit game, going 2-for-3 with two doubles.
– Parker Sniatynski was 1-for-2 with his first home run of the season.
– Leadoff man Aaron Case drew two walks, and now has 14 walks this season. He has drawn a walk in all but two games this season.
– Sean Frontzak, Ryan Lefner and Brett Shimanovsky each entered the game out of the bullpen today. None of them have allowed an earned run yet this season.
Saint Louis travels across the Mississippi River for a mid-week showdown against SIUE on Wednesday. First pitch is slated for 6 p.m. in Edwardsville, Ill.