- Molina, Wacha, Rosenthal Named to All-Star Reserves; Martinez to Final Vote
- Outfield Overpopulation
- Six Miners Voted 2015 All-Stars
- Grizzlies’ Rolando Gomez Selected As Frontier League All-Star
- Lopez Stout As Miners Best CornBelters
- Holliday, Peralta Named All-Stars
- Wild Otters Drop Series to Boomers in 7-5 Loss
- Miners Rally Falls Short On Independence Day
- Saint Louis FC Pulls Out 2-1 Road Victory Over Independence
- Grizzlies Falter In Late Innings To Drop Homestand Finale
St. Charles Chill, St. Louis Blues Sign Affiliation Agreement
- Updated: October 17, 2013
The St. Charles Chill has agreed to an affiliation with the National Hockey League’s St. Louis Blues. The Chill will join the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League as a source for prospect development for the Blues.
“We’re excited and humbled to be part of the Blues organization,” said former Blues defenseman and current Chill General Manager and Head Coach Jamie Rivers. “I know personally that they’re a first-class organization and I am thrilled to be part of it again. We will support the Blues’ hockey operations to the best of our abilities and we look forward to working with them.”
Starting this season, the Blues can assign current players and prospects to the Chill, the only Central Hockey League affiliate for St. Louis. Players on the Chill roster can also be called upon to play for both the Blues and the Chicago Wolves.
“It’s great for us to be able to keep an eye on our prospects right in our own backyard” said Tim Taylor, Director of Player Development for the Blues. “We look forward to working with the Chill in their inaugural season and continuing to grow with them as an organization.”
The St. Charles Chill will begin their inaugural season in the Central Hockey League this Saturday, October 19th at the Family Arena. Season tickets start at under $10 per game (33 home games). For tickets, sponsorships, and more information on the St. Charles Chill visit www.StCharlesChill.com or call (636) 724-SHOT (7468).